Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Josh Bourelle
 On July 5th I attended a jazz concert at a restaurant called the Blue Dragon Musiquarium. The band that me and my mom went to see was the Olliephonic Horns and they were actually very entertaining. It was in a great family enviroment where the food was great and the entertainment was even better. The band played many different songs ranging from Benny Goodman, to Frank Sinatra, to Jitter Bug numbers, and mostly big band swing. The Olliephonics are an extremely big band with 12 members. Mostly all of whom played horns hence the name Olliephonic Horns. They had a guest appearance by a Sinatra style singer named Joe Mackie. When I learned that one of my assignments was to go to a jazz or blues concert I was a little worried about finding one, but I went to one of the resorts and a concierge who in fact a big jazz fan told me about the Blue Dragon. This was in fact a great place to go see a concert my mom and I had front row seating to a great show and not only was the music good but the food was great as well. There was a lot of people dancing during the show and my mom kept bugging me to go dance with her, but I didn't. probably should have though. Well more about the band, during the show the band kept explaining to the audience that they were a non profit organization that got together to share the gift of music with the youth. Some of the members of the band were in fact music teachers at different schools on the island. 

No comments:

Post a Comment